Who are Beotanics?
We are an Irish company with specialist skills in the development of niche food crops and a growing international reputation for innovation in plant-based food ingredient production. Since 1990 we have developed extensive growing facilities and we have a wide range of plant science and production capabilities in both Ireland and Portugal.
Why are we in the news?
We recently announced that we are investing €1 million in a new Research & Development Centre which includes a plant science laboratory, plant quarantine and R&D greenhouse at our headquarters in Stoneyford, Co Kilkenny.
Speaking at the announcement, EU commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Phil Hogan said “Beotanics is now a key Irish player on the international stage in discovering new ways to feed the planet, improve human health, balance resources, enhance biodiversity and reduce the environmental impact of crop production. It is a true example of a firm which is acting local and thinking global”.
What are we looking for?
Beotanics is now a key player in the European plant-based food ingredients industry and we are building the team. We have created the exciting new role of Food Ingredients Technical Manager and we are looking for someone who is an experienced practitioner in the food ingredients product development area, passionate about food and wants to be a key player in the consumer movement towards plant-based food. Working as part of a tight management team, the successful candidate will have a practical can-do attitude, be capable of taking their own initiative and working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver excellent results. We need a good communicator who is comfortable working at all levels in our business, including working with our supply partner organisations and serving our international customers.
If you want to know more about us and what we do, why not check out this page. Have a look around and if you like what we do and you think that you are a suitable candidate, we would love to have a chat with you.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Development of our food ingredients product portfolio, optimising nutritional and other values through establishing optimal plant varieties, production processes and storage conditions.
- Manage our research and development process and work closely with our partners to define the nutritional features and benefits of our crops.
- Work with process technology partners to assist with the implementation of technologies, to enable Beotanics to further optimise value added ingredient extraction and preservation.
- Working closely with our customer’s technical teams to develop ingredient solutions that meet their specific application needs.
- Manage relationships with our processing and production partners to ensure required food safety, quality and legal standards are maintained.
- Sign off on all product specifications including nutritional values, regulatory and QA obligations.
Key skills you will need to succeed:
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deliver through others.
- Ability to work and deliver results in a small team with a hands-on approach when required.
Qualifications of our ideal Candidate:
- BSc. Food Science or similar.
- 4 Years experience in product development within the food ingredients industry.
- Proven track record and aptitude in delivering successful new products to the market.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st May 2019